Monday, August 20, 2007

The Beauties of Homeschooling

I'm back to homeschooling my kids. This was a hard decision for me as I hate giving up writing time, but with my kids falling off the planet at the local school, accademically, socially and emotionally, it became imperative. I'll just have to get more efficient.

But the good thing is, I've been able to introduce them to the wonderful world of blogging. For the 8 year old, this means a blog of his own, uploading photos and basically using it as a diary. For the 14 year old this means getting his own email and myspace. He's started making short clips with Windows Movie Maker which he'll upload when he gets a feel for his space. He'll also put up some clips of him playing violin, and blog weekly to keep up to date and form a record of his year. I'm hoping it will put them more in touch with their feelings and lives, teach them a bit of IT, and give them a way to stay connected with any friends they make.

To be honest, it's great to see them excited about something again. Formal school all but dulled that out of them.

1 comment:

Kristen Painter said...

You're such a good mama!