Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Message From Glory B

Hello? Never can work these darn techno things? Hello? Is it on?
Oh good. Just want to say it's good to meet you all at long last and.... hmm?......No they don't want to know about me. It's the food they've come for, and who could blame them. My kitchen is always full. Especially when Henry the sixteen stone moggy squeezes in. No, he's not REALLY sixteen stone, just four, but he does so hurt my feet when he sits on them.
Anyhow, it's my firm belief that it's never too soon to practise cooking your treats for Christmas or birthdays or anniversaries or .... well, you get my my drift. So in honor of it being the first Wednesday of the week .... oh, it's TUESDAY? CLose enough ... I'm sharing with you my delicious recipe for Snicker Doodles. No snickering, dear, not unless you have a ... nub of butter going soft. Anyway, without further ado, let me get to the real reason you're all here....

SNICKER DOODLES

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Mix butter, sugar and eggs. Add remaining ingredients. Roll into balls the size of walnuts. Roll in a mixture of 2 tbsp. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes in 400 degree oven.

Eat them in good health. Don't let my brother Gabriel near them, and see you again soon. God Bless.

"Blessing Glory B" - a christmas story in the making

2 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Snickerdoodles are my hubby's favorite cookie!

Babe King said...

Then tell him to come on over. We made a whole mess of them. I'll put the kettle on.