Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Gospel According to St Brat

I've been busy lately and not baking as much as I normally do, so it was no surprise when the boys descended on today's efforts like a flock of ganets. But after 2 egg pies and 2 apple turnovers each, I told them they'd had enough.

"Puh-lease, can I have another one?" they begged.

But I stood firm, until the oldest told me I was breaking biblical principles.

"How do you figure that?" I asked him.

"It clearly says,'Ask and you SHALL recieve."

What to say?????

4 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Too funny!

Heather said...

At the risk of encouraging them... ROFLMBO!

Sorry haven't been around much lately. Neck's been bothering me the last few weeks (the residual effects of a previous injury), ever since the upstairs idiots flooded half my apartment. I had to move a bunch of stuff out of the walk-in storage closet until the carpet dried, then back in this weekend and well...my body decided to protest all the heavy lifting.

The only good thing to come out of the flood is that the neighbors from H--- have finally moved!

And now, of course, I live in fear of getting even worse ones above me. :-\

BTW, what's an egg pie? Is that like a quiche?

Babe King said...

Yup- bottom of pastry and an egg cracked into it- simple, but yummy. Sorry you're hurting Heather. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get better neighbors. I can't believe they flooded your place then didn't help you fix it! Ugh. My neighbors from hell are moving too, or at least have the for sale sign up (they rent there) so I'm hopeful. :-)

Kristen Painter said...

They did receive. Just not the answer they wanted. Or you could just tell them it's better to give than to receive.