Thursday, September 06, 2007

This 'n That

So much to do I'm trying not to spin in circles. So far today--

- cleaned up after the milk fight the boys had at breakfast. We're talking cubboards, counters, floor - ugh! Did I mention I love my new steam mop. Good side of this is I now have a clean kitchen. :-)

- fertilized lettuce. Grow you little suckers. It's spring don't you know!

- checked email. Found out my ed is up to p131 of Between the Gutter and the Sky and loving it. She said she'd been laughing so loud that her husband asked her what was up. :-) ANd this one isn't even a comedy, so that's good to know. I also found her blog when I googled The Marian Kind to see if any new reviews were up. She said some nice stuff.

A second manuscript came my way this week. Babe King's Between the Gutter and the Sky. I'm looking forward to working with Babe. Having proofed her The Marian Kind, I know I love her style. The premise sounds very cool, so from the week after next, I'll be working on that too.


Then trying to find out how to nominate my CP Gemma for the Avon Red awards- can I say I'm clueless? But she really deserves this.

Got a load of washing on. WHy do little boys put such disgusting things in their pockets? Now I have 2 baskets of ironing to catch up on. I let them grow while I was running the boys back and forth for their circus performances every day last week. ANd then of course I'll have to dust and mop the laundry since ironing always upsets my sinuses.

THEN, hopefully, as long as the sky doesn't fall, I'll get back to writing Theft of the Golden Hooha. Yesterday I took out the third fight scene. I hated doing it. Loved the scene, but frankly it was baggage that killed pace. WHaaaaaaaaaaaa. Killing my darlings. Moving on. This afternoon I hope to work out what Grant learns in the bar, and how I can patch the hole I made by taking out the third fight scene. Gives me something to think about while I'm ironing anyway.

1 comment:

Kristen Painter said...

You're a machine. I love that your editor loves your stuff!!! Such a good sign.