1. It's written in the same "blurt" first-person style as The Marian Kind, only this tale is longer and more complicated. So if you love that novella, you should love this one, too.
2. I'm only 53 pages in so I'm still in the honeymoon phase, you know, that bit before you realize that your hero can't possibly do what you've written unless he has 3 hands and has conquered gravity.
3. I'm still playing with the title. I was gonna call it "Deck-a-Pussy", since it is loosely drawn from James Bond's "Octopussy" and is set at Christmas time and revolves around the theft of ... you guessed it, a pussy! But I dunno. Maybe I should call it "Second Chance at the Pussy", or Pussy on the Road Home".
hint: those who don't get this, read my last blog post.
4. I get to make sexist remarks and attack both women's lib and the men's movement. That way I can offend everyone.
5. I get to research both NY and Alabama, alternating between haute couture and oat cuisine. And what's not to like about "coon" dogs and corn pones? Love it!
6. It's got pigs in it. 'Nuff said.
7. My heroine wears French knickers long after she should have thrown them out, tries to resist Ben and Jerry and doughnuts, and doesn't. Yep, I love her.
8. My hero is a take charge, controlled, make-it-happen guy. He floats my boat, even when I find myself up the creek without a paddle.
9. Did I mention he's rich?
10. And I have several dope heads. Not the hero, though. He's nobody's dope.
11. It's not every day (or book) you get a fork and spoon fight.
12. There's a chick called Iggy. I did consider Eggy, but thought I'd be understated and subtle since, you know, I'm like that. ;-)
13. My crisis happens at a funeral. I have written about funny weddings before, Brides Maid in Heaven, but making a funeral humorous is a real challenge. Rolling up sleeves, sucking into my coffee.
Did I mention I love my new MS?
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants