Saturday, November 04, 2006

Do the 5

I have been challenged to share 5 interesting things about myself. Tough call. According to my kids my life only has 2 interesting things, both of which are sleeping as I write this, so I thought instead I'd admit to a few ODD things about me. Like:

1. I once sang to 10,000 people
2. I sold one of my artworks through MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Art) to raise money to help protect the Dalai Lama when the Chinese were trying to kill him
3. My mother cooked several meals for the Sultan of Brunei
4. I broke my neck when I was 9
5. I have hunted wild rhino on elephant back

But I guess none of that really warrants a mention. :-)

Now for the 5 folk I challenge, hmm Heather, Amanda, Stacey, Zeek, Sarah

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sultan of Brunei, eh? That's pretty darn cool!

Deborah said...

Hey, I'm impressed! And if you ever go hunting on an elephant's back again, sign me up to!

Babe King said...

Yeah, that was in my pre-mummy days. These days I get on my kid's backs and hunt sock pairs. sigh

And the Sultan and Sultana(no, I didn't make that up) were delightful. Really lovely folk. I could tell you a cute little story about him and spaghetti but not publicly.

Anonymous said...

You never fail to amaze me with another tidbit. I knew about the singing career, but hunting on an elephant's back? Is there nothing you haven't tried?

You are way beyond renaissance here. I think we'll have to coin a new term for your vast experience. When it comes to me, I'll get back to you.

Babe King said...

Well, before you are too impressed, Maggie, I was only shooting them with a camera. :-)

Kristen Painter said...

Knowing you as I do, number 5 is LEAST surprising to me. LOL Is there anything you won't do?

Sara Thacker said...

Very interesting list. Now I see where you kids get their talent.

Babe King said...

Not a lot, K. Life is for living. We don't get a dress rehersal.

LOL Sarah.

Anonymous said...

Well that's COOL! (my 5 are posted!)